M - Commerce
Factors to Considers: Mobile Customer and
"Customers will use wireless devices to access the Internet only if
they have a good reason to do so"
Fundamental attributes common to the mobile customer
- Expectations: Web vs. Wireless experience Education (M-commerce study
disappointed in their m-commerce experience)
- Don’t Set/Sell Unrealistic Expectations: Limit Hyped-Up possibilities,
such as, Wireless Web – misleading – one can not push a Web service
onto the cell phone
- Newness of the Wireless Internet attracting media and marketing hype,
promoting unrealistic expectations among consumers.
- Offering customers something new that could not do without a e wireless
- General characteristics: empowered consumer, educated, computer savvy,
and seeking customer service.
- Voice is still the Killer app
- Most customers use wireless phones for voice phone calls
- Wireless data features are much less popular than wireless voice
- Personalization: Began with the personalized services/customized
information and services via the Internet.
- Act on only relevant information vs. Information overload
- Wireless devices as a personal companion
- Expect companies to offer information relevant to their needs and
interests and presented in a simplified manner
- Seeking an easy and simplified m-commerce experience
- Advertising relevant (authorized)
- Personalized billing/payment functionality
- Dependency on location and Time
- Understand the customer’s activity schedule, for instance, services
accessed during working hours will differ from those on during the evening
or on weekends
- Device used will determine mode of access
- Patience will be demanded of players, as consumer behavior requires both
time and effort to change.
- Evolution of the industry from networks to handsets will require players
to educate their customers.